Product Marketing Manager
At Elements, we believe that collaborative software must streamline the day to day of teams, and give time back to employees, not take it away from them.
Born in 2018 as a spin-off from Valiantys, a consultancy specializing in the Atlassian tools, Elements develops and markets apps that enhance Jira and Confluence to enable teams to work more efficiently. More than 3,000 companies including Airbus, Apple, BBC, Nike, Oracle, Walmart and Walt Disney trust our Connect, Spreadsheet and Copy & Sync apps. Elements products are available through the Atlassian Marketplace and we pride ourselves in being recognized by Atlassian as one of the ‘Gold Top Vendors’ while being fully bootstrapped.
We are at a turning point in our history. Sustained by our strong history on the Atlassian market and our established ‘On Premise’ apps offering, we now want to evolve our positioning to become a major player in the Atlassian Cloud ecosystem of tomorrow. Deploying our ‘On Premise’ offerings in SaaS mode on Atlassian Cloud, developing new growth levers… these are just a few of the top challenges that the thirty employees of Elements are committed to take up with passion and enthusiasm.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy & Marketing, you’ll be responsible for ensuring our apps’ value proposition meets customers’ demand and is framed in a way that differentiates from the competition so we reach our growth ambitions. We’ll expect you to develop a deep understanding of the market and buyers personas, to articulate value propositions and craft winning go-to market strategies for several of our Atlassian apps.
To this end, you will partner with Product Management and Demand Generation and work collaboratively and iterative with a lean approach (outcomes over output) with the shared goal to ensure the success of our products on their markets.
Understand: Market & Buyers research
- • Define market characteristics: trend, dynamics, regulation, estimation of the potential market (market sizing) and help detect business opportunities
- • In tandem with the Product Managers, build internal knowledge of the competition: direct, indirect and potential; identify opportunities and threats
- • Build buyer personas: top challenges, motivational levers, buying inhibitors, budget control, influence in the organization
- • Collaborate with Product Managers during customer interviews and research phases
Shape: Product Positioning & Messaging
- • Craft positioning statements: vision, mission, market, differentiators, promise
- • Own product pages on our website, marketplace listings and product sheets
- • Challenge & feed the roadmap with market insights
- • Collaborate with the Product team to support user onboarding: quick tour, how to, specific content and UX writing
- • Contribute to the pricing and business plan definition with the Product Managers: projected sales, pricing, perceived value
Roll-out: Go-to-market & Internal enablement
- • Set up a launch strategy and coordinate the launch of new features and new products: beta users recruitment, external communication, in-app messaging, emailings to clients
- • Build assets to help the Demand Generation team present the product: sales pitch, conference presentations, success stories…
- • Create product presentation videos
- • Coach & support internal teams on product strategy and communication
- • Closely monitor evaluation, conversion, churn and contribute to improving these metrics
Craft: Methods and Tools development
- • Contribute to building the Product Marketing craft at Elements by elevating our methods and tools, testing new practices and continuously bringing learnings back to the wider Product Marketing team
Having the ability to work cross-functionally and to strategize while remaining hands-on and moving the needle yourself is key for success in this role.
- • You can demonstrate leadership, vision, with a capacity to build winning positioning and messaging and move the team forward step by step in its implementation
- • You are obsessed with the customer journey and able to empathize and look steps ahead to build incredible experiences alongside your product partners.
- • You have an entrepreneurial spirit and know how to detect business opportunities for the products you work on
- • You are able to grasp complex technical topics and thrive at writing highly impactful and creative copy that simplifies these concepts for our customers
- • You have a deep interest in the data underlying the funnel and the ability to nerd out on the data to produce action-oriented, data-driven reporting.
- • You have brought new features to market many times over and are familiar with how to deliver them to make the most impact.
- • You know how to foster collaboration and negotiate win-win trust-based partnerships with other teams internally
- • Native English speaker or equivalent fluency with exceptional writing skills is required for the role, as all written content and most clients interactions are in English. Working proficiency in French is also required.
- • 3+ years of experience as a product marketing manager in the technology sector, ideally in SaaS/Software
- • 5+ years of B2B marketing experience in fast-paced technology companies
- • Extensive experience with key tools (Google Analytics, Hotjar, SEMrush, SaaS product analytics…); prior exposure to Jira, Confluence is a plus
You’ll join a close-knit, agile, talented and committed team, working in a lean mindset.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Strategy, you’ll work closely with the rest of the marketing department:
- A Product Marketing Manager – responsible for positioning, messaging, market studies, in-app marketing and product onboarding for several of our apps, who will be your peer
- A Demand Generation Team Lead – responsible for generating demand for our entire apps portfolio and building a scalable, predictable, modern B2B demand generation engine across various channels
- A Partnerships Manager – responsible for driving channel-based revenue through evangelism, enablement and joint marketing activities, co-marketing partnerships with other apps vendors and managing our events participation.
- A Marketing Ops Manager – responsible for setting up, maintaining and evolving marketing technology to empower the marketing team to be more efficient and provide the business with data visualization dashboards to guide operations
- A Senior Graphic Designer – contractor, part-time, embedded within the team and working both on marketing and in-app assets
You’ll also engage with the Product Management department and the Customer Support department. The Atlassian ecosystem is a vibrant community and you’ll also frequently collaborate with Atlassians, customers, solution partners (consultancies) and other app vendors.
Our culture and values
At Elements, we have 5 core values our team lives by:
- • Talk straight
- • Never stand still
- • Be mindful of what matters
- • Make every interaction remarkable
- • Share and take part
What Elements has to offer
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Elements is not only a great place to work, offering a sane and enjoyable work environment but also provides a platform for you to grow. Here are some of the perks of working with us:
- Share in our success – When Elements is successful, so are you. Employees benefit from a profit sharing scheme.
- Be healthy – Your health is an investment – not an expense. Our Toulouse employees get high-level health insurance.
- Always be learning – We provide access to dedicated learning resources (MOOCs) aligned to your goals as well as opportunities to experiment and gain new skills on the job.
- Bon appétit – With our large kitchen and generous lunch vouchers, you’re sure to find a seat to catch up with your colleagues during lunch.
- Play hard – Teams that play together stay together – take a break around our foosball or ping pong tables, or relax on our panoramic terrace.
- Work/life balance – Skip the commute and work from home for up to half of each month. We know flexibility is important to your work/life balance.
Interested in working with us?
Contact us at moc.sppa-stnemele@sboj